CMA Bhogavalli Mallikarjuna Gupta is an associate member of Institute of Cost Accountants of India and also has a Master’s Degree in Financial Management; he is also a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Computer Sciences. He is also a member of the Institute of Independent Directors and experienced in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Costing and Project Accounting in the manufacturing industry and IT industry for nearly two decades. He has designed and implemented Enterprise Resource Planning Applications (JD Edwards, Oracle E-Business Suites, Fusion Applications, LN, Baan) and Business Intelligence tools. He is also a functional architect for GST Solutions for two leading ERPs & and an Accounting Package.
He is a subject matter expert on Goods and Service Tax, a speaker at various professional and trade bodies He has authored various books on GST as Author and Co-author
- Roll up Your Sleeves for GST, The Impending Tax Reform India
- Good and Simple Tax – GST For You
- Guidance Note on Annual Return of GST – ICAI
- e-Invoice the Encyclopedia for Indian GST
- Handbook for Certification for Differences between GSTR-2A & GSTR-3B
- Guidance Note on Antiprofiteering – ICAI
- Guidance Note on GST Audit – ICAI
- Guidance Note on Risk-Based Internal Audit released by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Monograph on Advantage India 2020 – Showcasing the Strength released by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
His articles on GST are published in various souvenirs and online portals. He is a corporate trainer and adviser on GST for various private and public-sector organizations. Launched an online tutorial on GST on a subscription model of about 12 hours. The course was launched by Shri Konijeti Rosaiah, Ex-Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh & Governor of Tamil Nadu in technical collaboration with Expertease Software (India) Pvt Ltd with an objective to empower all the stakeholders on GST.
He has addressed tax requirements from setup data, transaction processing, and reporting. He has worked in the areas of Central Excise, Service Tax, Value Added Tax, Import Duties, and Tax Collected at Source & Tax Deducted at Source using multiple ERP’s. He has also mile-stoned efficiency at Brazilian Taxation, Korean withholding taxes, Malaysian GST and European VAT.
As a lead architect, he designed a unique solution for one of the ERP’s for taxation, where users can configure the complex Indian tax requirements and the proposed Goods and Service Tax. This solution is totally user configurable from the definition of the regime, tax types, and taxable event along with claim terms. Under Indian VAT, the claim terms on capital goods are different from state to state and with different periodicity; to handle this, he has provided a flexible solution where users can find solutions to the majority of their requirements.
He is on board of various trade and professional bodies in various capacities
- Member – Grievance Redressal Committee for GST, State of Telangana
- Member – MSME & Startup Promotion Board at Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Kolkata
- Member – Regional Advisory Committee, Dattopanth Thengadi National Board for Workers Education and Development, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India.
- Expert Panel Member – Technology Development Fund of DRDO
- Co-Chari – GST and Customs Committee at Federation of Telangana Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Member – Corporate Laws & IBC at Federation of Telangana Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Resource Person – Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Regional Training Institute (Mumbai), National Academy for Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics (NACIN), National Institute for Micro, Medium and Small Enterprises(ni-msme) and various colleges
He is a socially responsible citizen and is been actively involved in many activities and projects on Environment and Road Safety – Traffic.
He believes in “A healthy mind needs a healthy body, so he keeps himself active. He has completed 25 Timed Half Marathons, Two Ultra Marathons (75 Kms & 50 Kms) & GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS titleholder as a team member for the “Most people in a mountain run – single mountain”. as a marathon runner, hiker, photographer, and adventure sports enthusiast. This energy resulted in a flow of thoughts, plans, and information and he is writing another book, ‘From the verge of Hospital Bed to Bungee Platform, Millets the ignored the super bowl of food’, tips on how to follow a healthy diet.